It's Time for a soothing cupp-a Tea
With sub-zero temperatures still in the air, there’s nothing more satisfying than curling up with a warm cup of tea in front of a roaring fire, or with your favourite book. This issue we’re delighted to focus on a good “cupp-a”. As any tea drinker will know, the secret to the perfect cup of tea starts with fresh water, boiling to just the perfect temperature.
The Cuisinart® PerfecTemp™ digital electric kettle, our Product of the Month for March, ensures that your water boils to the perfect temperature for your cup of tea. We’re also delighted to feature some great Kitchen Toys that will enhance your tea drinking experience. Be sure to try our recipe for Lemon Tea Bread. A simple, but classic loaf that goes wonderfully with your next cup of tea.
During the month of March, purchase any Denby product and receive 20% off the listed retail price.
With warm wishes,
In this Issue
Culinary Events and News
Saturday, March 5th - 9am to 5pm
We’re happy to be joining with Creekside Clothing for a Winter Sale Event in the lower level - Cash only!
Great sales throughout From the Kitchen to the Table
Draw a ticket for your discount -- from 5% to 25% off all items.
Month of March
Denby sale - 20% off the listed retail price
It's a great time to top up your settings or
and treat yourself to Praline, Denby's newest pattern!
Visit us on Tuesday, March 8th from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm at the Best Western Orangeville Inn & Suites for the Family Transition Place International Woman’s Day event, featuring special guest Tosca Reno.
Thursday, May 26th - 5pm to 8pm
Zwilling J.A. Henckel Semi-Annual Knife Sharpening Clinic
Timothy T. the February winner of a Sophie Conran Tagine (value $49.99).
March Subscriber Draw
All subscribers to our electronic newsletter during the month of March will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate to From the Kitchen to the Table.
Subscribe to Secrets from our Kitchen
One week left to Sunday March 6, 2011
Did you know?
- According to Emily Post “if the tea is of any size from 20 upwards, the table is set in the dining room and two intimate friends of the hostess pour tea at one end, and chocolate at the other”.
- A tea pot should be placed on the table with the spout of the teapot facing the hostess or pourer.
- The correct way to eat a scone is to break off bitesize pieces, then spread it with a small amount of jam or butter. If Devonshire or clotted cream is served, dab onto your scone after the jam.
- Per capita consumption of tea in Canada is 79.4 litres.
- Sugar cubes are the preferred way to serve sugar at a tea party; if using granulated sugar, be certain not to use the serving spoon to stir the tea in your cup.
- When serving tea with lemon use lemon slices NOT wedges. Never add lemon with milk since the citric acid from the lemon will cause the milk to curdle.
- A proper teacup is traditionally 3.25”- 3.75” in diameter, 2” - 2.5” deep, and is properly served three quarters full.
- Worldwide production of tea is approximately 2.5 million metric tons annually.
- Darjeeling tea, grown in India, is considered the champagne of teas.
Cuisinart® PerfecTemp™ Electric Kettle
Cordless Kettle with 6 preset temperatures for green tea, specialty teas and French press coffee.
For tea to reach its full flavour, it should be steeped at just the right temperature. The Cuisinart® PerfecTemp™ Electric Kettle has 6 preset temperatures for different varieties of tea. 1500-watts provide fast heat-up, and a keep warm option will maintain the set temperature for 30 minutes.
The kettle can even be removed from the power base for up to 2 minutes without shutting off.
The Cuisinart® PerfecTemp™ Electric Kettle has a 1.7 litre capacity, features stay-cool non-slip handles, a concealed heating element that prevents mineral build up, and a removable/ cleanable scale filter. Cuisinart® continues to make life civilized, easy and delicious!
Check out the short 2 minute product video >
Denby Introduces New Praline Pattern
Since 1809, Denby has been providing versatile and stylish tableware for entertaining and everyday use. Denby’s newest pattern, Praline, is a bold, unique statement that exemplifies the honesty and organic beauty of nature, embracing contemporary and traditional styles.
Praline is perfect for a relaxing family dinner or entertaining with friends for special occasions. The teapot, cups and saucers, sugar and creamer, are a perfect accent to your table. Mix and match with your own tableware. Make tea time special with Denby’s Praline!
During the month of March, purchase any Denby product
and receive 20% off the listed retail price.
Back to top^