Kitchen Store in Orangeville
Search From the Kitchen to the Table
Secrets From our Kitchen ~ Wednesday March 04, 2015
Soup’s on with Le Creuset and Breville Multi pots
We’ve all heard of cookie exchanges at holiday time but have you thought of participating in a soup swap? It’s the perfect excuse to get together with friends on a cold February day. Stock your freezer full of comforting soup and spend quality time with friends at the same time. We are all so busy with work and family and life that it would be a great feeling to know that dinner is taken care of. Simply defrost and reheat!
Once you cook soup or anything else in a Le Creuset enameled cast iron cookware you will wonder how you ever got along without one before. Take it from the stove to the oven to the table. You can’t argue with the facts. Food, including soup, simply tastes better when cooked in a Le Creuset French oven.
All in-stock Le Creuset cast iron pieces at 25% off for the month of February!
Sigrid and Staff
February Store Hours
Monday to Thursday 10 am until 5:30 pm
Friday 10 am until 7 pm
Saturday 10 am until 5 pm
Closed Monday, February 16th for Family day.
Enter your email address for culinary tips & recipes via our monthly newsletter.
Finally, don’t forget to join us on Facebook for the latest product info, recipes and more!
Sales and Events
- Breville small appliance demonstration - Saturday February 14 11am-4pm
- Le Creuset cast iron Sale 25% off
- Emily Henry roasting dishes are reduced by 10% or more for February
AND We still have clearance items from the Emile Henry Urban Colours Line.
- Orangeville Winter Farmers' Market
Every other Saturday at 9:00am to 1:00pm
Feb. 14, 28, March 14, 28, April 11, 25.
Enter your email address for culinary tips & recipes via our monthly newsletter.
Fun Kitchen Toys, Cooking Tools and Gadgets
Breville Risotto Plus is an amazing versatile appliance that makes tender slow cooked meals, stir-free risotto, and fluffy rice all in the same bowl.
The pot also has a sauté setting that allows you to caramelize onions or brown meats and a steamer insert to steam your favourite vegetables or poach fish.
What a lovely feeling knowing that dinner is cooking while you are doing more important things with family and friends.
$119.99 (regular $139.99)
The Breville Fast Slow cooker
The Breville Fast Slow cooker is also versatile. It enables you to cook foods slowly as a slow cooker or fast as a pressure cooker.
This 6 quart slow cooker/ pressure cooker works with you and your schedule. You can have tender meats in minutes using pressure or you can have flavour layering meals up to 8 hours when slow cooking.
Sautee and sear directly in the cooking bowl. Fully programmable to suit you and includes auto shut off so you can set it and forget it!
Microplane Cube Grater
Grate, catch, measure and cover with the Microplane Cube Grater. Three grating options are together in one cute cube.
The Cube Grater conveniently has three blade styles – fine, ribbon and coarse. The dual-purpose catch feature can be used as a measuring device and a protective cover. Catch and measure with up to 1 ½ cup (350 ml) capacity with graduation marks on three sides. Blades made in the USA.
Zyliss Food Chopper
Most soups start with three ingredients, onion, celery and carrots. Start off on the right foot by using a Zyliss food chopper.
Packaged complete with a convenient chopping cup and lid, the Food Chopper chops all varieties of foods quickly and easily.
Rosti Mepal Utensils
The smart and functional spoons from Rosti Mepal are a must for every cook. The collection exists of spoons of all sizes, ranging from serving spoons and soup ladles to spatulas.
They are heat resistant and don't have sharp edges, which makes them ideal for cookware with non-stick surfaces.
The spoons are easy to clean, even in the dishwasher! Made in Holland.
Comfort food recipes by Gourmet Village
Here's a handy little booklet by Gourmet du Village full of 20 Comfort food recipes. Featuring great ways to use your Brie or Dip Bakers. Appetisers for two, main dishes & desserts for one.
Recipes you can make either using your own seasonings in your pantry or alternative directions on how to substitute with Gourmet Village products.
We haven’t forgotten that Valentine’s Day is this month. Make a Valentine’s Day treat for your sweetheart using our easy release Chocolate molds by Trudeau.
Pick up some dark or milk chocolate, melt it in the microwave and fill the tiny heart shapes. Add a surprise to the centre like candied cherries, almonds, raisins or marshmallows.
It’s a sure way to your valentine’s heart.
Specials / Recipes
Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 parmesan rind (from your freezer as you've been saving these)
- 4 cups stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 carrots, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 sprig rosemary (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans (15 oz) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1½ cups pasta
- 1 cup frozen green beans, thawed
- 2½ cups baby spinach, chopped
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese, for serving (or Romano)
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, parmesan rind, stock, water, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, oregano, rosemary, and bay leaves to a slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Add in red kidney beans, zucchini, and pasta and cook on high heat for an additional 20 - 25 minutes until pasta is tender. Stir in the spinach and green beans and cook for an additional 5 minutes until heated through. Serve hot soup topped with parmesan cheese and garlic toasts.
The Wish List
The good thing is that you will receive something you actually want and the gift giver can save $10, when they spend $50 before tax shopping for you. Pick up your wish list in store today.
If we are unable to help you find the perfect gift for someone on your list then surprise them with a gift certificate from our store. They are available all year round and in any denomination.
Do you want $10 to shop in Downtown Orangeville?
Of course you do!
Here's how: head over to the www.downtownorangeville.ca web site, click on the coupons on the right, subscribe to their e-newsletter so you can find out what's happening in your town and they'll provide you a link to a coupon for $10.
All you have to do is spend $44 in our store and you'll get $10 off - that's a 22% discount. You can use the coupon at a variety of downtown stores and we'd be extra happy if you shopped at From the Kitchen to the Table, see you soon.
Lodge Logic cast iron Made in the USA is a great cast iron choice. As the iron is exposed you can be assured that your food will be infused with iron as an added benefit.
Iron deficiency is not uncommon and this is a natural way of getting what your body needs.
Lodge Logic pans are not made of any recycled materials as are some inferior cast iron products.
Starting at $20.00
Tips for cooking with cast iron!
- Never put liquid into a very hot cast iron pan or oven -- doing so will cause it to crack on the spot!
- Avoid buying cast iron pans or skillets with wooden handles, since wooden handles can not be put directly into the oven or over an open fire.
- If your cast iron pot or skillet comes with a lid, be sure the lid is seasoned, as well.
- In most cases, due to the heat retention properties, you will never need to use heat higher than medium when cooking with cast iron on a stove top.
- Wooden implements (spoons, spatulas etc) work best with cast iron cookware.
- Cast iron skillets are multi-functional -- great for frying eggs, pancakes, sandwiches, chicken, hamburgers, cornbread and more!
- Dutch ovens are generally used for baking and stewing. The lid holds in moisture.
- A Dutch oven with legs is usually used over an open campfire, and flat bottomed Dutch ovens are generally used on the stove or in a conventional oven.
- Bell Pepper Soup
- Cauliflower And Sweet Potato Curry Soup
- Cheddar and Spud Soup
- Clam Chowder
- Cold Sugar Snap Pea Soup
- Cream of Fresh Tomato Soup
- Cucumber Gazpacho
- Curried Parsnip Soup
- Green And Yellow Split Pea Soup
- Leek Potato Soup
- Low Salt French Onion Soup
- Moroccan Harira Soup
- Mushroom Barley Soup
- Split Pea Soup
- Sweet Potato Soup
- Beef Bourguignon