Zwilling J.A. Henckels Smoker
Smoking food at home has never been easier than with the Zwilling J.A. Henckels smoking set. No more annoying smells -- just tasty results! Simply place the smoker on the stove, add wood chips and your favourite food and you’re ready to go.
The Zwilling smoker set includes smoking pan, plate, steam grill and lid. Your smoker set can smoke a variety of foods including fish, meat, poultry, seafood, vegetables & fruit!
Smoking is a healthy and clean cooking method. Because it works without using oil or fats, it is a low calorie cooking technique that is perfect for cooking salmon, steak, chicken or duck, sole, scallops or tenderloin!
The tight fitting lid of the smoker sets prevents smoke from escaping, and the base of the pan contains a strong aluminum core for optimal and even heat distribution, allowing you to cook at a lower temperature!
Enjoy delicious smoked foods year-round with the Zwilling J.A. Henckels Smoker.
Details and instructions for the smoker.
|Type of Wood||Description||Recommended Use|
|Alder||A light, delicate, sweet flavour||Great for smoking fish and other light items. A favourite for smoking salmon.|
|Apple||Provides a smoky, sweet flavour.||Extensively used to smoke poultry. Also a favourite for smoking ham.|
|Hickory||A sweet, hearty, smoky bacon flavour.||Great on any red meat, but a favourite for ribs & pork!|
|Maple||Mild and smoky, producing a sweet, light taste.||Great for poultry, vegetables, pork and cheese.|
|Mesquite||A strong, earthy flavour.||Popular for smoking fajitas. Great for beef, chicken & fish.|
|Oak||Provides a heavy, smoky flavour.||Great for smoking large pieces of meat. Popular for smoking red meat and heavy game.|
Never use evergreen woods for grilling or smoking food as these woods produce harmful tars and resins.
Did you know?
- Mesquite is the name for a small hardwood tree (or shrub) that is a member of the pea family.
- Smoking can act as a preservative because the smoke contains chemical compounds that retard the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Mesquite seed pods are edible.
- A kipper is a whole, small herring that has been split, gutted, and then served cold smoked.
- Many believe the word “barbecue” comes from the work “barabicu” from the Taino people of the Caribbean, which can be translated to mean “sacred fire pit”.
- Of the 16.7 million barbecues shipped across North America in 2008, 9.6 used propane or natural gas, 6.8 million used charcoal, and just under 293,000 used electric grills (source Hearth Patio and Barbecue Association).
- The International Barbeque Cookers Association is a group whose “purpose is to develop and bolster equitable competitive barbeque cooking internationally”. They invite membership and provide rules, events and information about barbecuing!
High Quality Knives from Zwilling J.A. Henckels
The Zwilling J.A. Henckels company dates back to 1731 and is recognized throughout the world for its outstanding quality workmanship. While many of you may know the name Henckels for their high quality knives, they also offer a tremendous range of flatware that stands the test of time. Whether fine ornamental decoration or a classically simple design, all Zwilling J. A. Henckels flatware conveys beauty and individuality with the highest quality of craftsmanship. Through the perfect combination of form and functionality, they contribute to the appearance of an attractively set table.
Zwilling Pro Knives
A Reputation of Quality
Zwilling J.A. Henckels knife company of Germany has long held a reputation for well built, durable knives, scissors and flatware. Established in 1731, the Henckels brand is still recognized today as one of the world’s most trusted knife makers.
Intricately Designed & Refined
In keeping with the traditional look of Henckels knives, the new Zwilling Pro line has been carefully designed by Italian designer and architect Matteo Thun.
Intricate design details make these the best Henckels knives yet. Improved ergonomic handles make the knife feel like an extension of the hand, thanks to the seamless transition from blade to handle. The blade shape has also been modified, adding a more pronounced curve at the tip, making rocking chopping with cooking knives effortless.
The full Zwilling Pro line includes a total of 17 different knife types, from cooking knives to Santoku knives.
Knife Care Tips
- Do not store knives loose in a drawer! The best way to store knives is in a wooden block or in individual sheaths.
- Wash your knives with warm soapy water after every use, and dry completely with a clean cloth to prevent rusting.
- Avoid hard cutting surfaces that will damage the edge of your blade. Opt instead for softer surfaces like wood or bamboo.
- Hone your knife regularly with a knife steel (not to be confused with sharpening). Honing helps to maintain a sharp edge by correcting slight bends to the sharp edge of the blade that occur in everyday use, and can cause the blade to seem less sharp.