Wüsthof Classic Ikon Knives
Since 1814 the Wüsthof family, now in their 5th generation of ownership, has been crafting the finest forged kitchen tools in the cutlery capital of Europe — Solingen, Germany.
WÜSTHOF’S newest knife series CLASSIC IKON, is precision forged from a single blank of high carbon steel, and features a cutting edge honed and polished by hand. The contemporary handle design for CLASSIC IKON is accentuated by its fluid shape and double bolster. Incredibly sharp, with a triple riveted, full tang handle, WÜSTHOF knives are an invaluable piece of equipment for the modern kitchen!
FROM THE KITCHEN TO THE TABLE — the FIRST retailer in Ontario to carry the new WÜSTHOF Classic Ikon !
Three key considerations when buying a knife:
- The knife should feel comfortable in your hand!
- The knife should be fully forged, not stamped! A fully forged knife is a single piece of metal, beaten and ground into shape, whereas stamped knives are cut out of sheet metal.
- The blade should be made from high-carbon stainless steel, which combines carbon steel (which sharpens easily) and stainless steel (which holds an edge longer and doesn’t stain or discolour foods).
The best blade edge for your needs:
- Straight Edge Blade allows a smooth, clean cut. When carving with a straight edge, no fibres are torn from the meat. This edge can also be used for soft, firm food like meat, fruit and vegetables.
- Serrated Edge Blade allows an easy cut through crusty food like traditional roast and crispy bread.
- Hollow Edge Blade creates an air pocket between the hollow edge and the slice. This prevents food from sticking to the blade and allows for finer slicing.
Did you know...?
Solingen, Germany, established in 1374, is the cutlery capital of Europe andis known as the “city of blades”.