Christmas Cookies in a Jar
- In a 1-quart jar, layer the sugar and brown sugar, packing well between each layer.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and layer on top of the sugar layers.
- Top with a layer of oats, followed by cranberries and chips.
- Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
To prepare cookies:
- Pour cookie mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Beat in butter, egg and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls, two inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375˚F for 8-10 minutes or until browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies
To package for a gift:
- Top each jar with a decorate ribbon or bow, or wrap in festive holiday material.
- Prepare cooking instructions on a small card and affix with a ribbon to the jar.
- Makes a perfect hostess gift.