Heavenly Lemony Cheesecake with Fresh Berries by Breville
The Scraper Mixer Pro by Breville ~ Built for Baking! The Scraper Mixer Pro, stand mixer by Breville, has a 550 watt motor, 5 quart bowl and weighs only 22 pounds, which is both stronger and lighter than the competition. It's a fully digital 12 speed stand mixer that takes the guess-work out of speeds and mixing tasks.
- 1¼ cups dry vanilla cookie crumbs or graham wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- 24 ounces (750g) cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
1. Grease the bottom and sides of an 8" (20cm) round spring form pan. Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter and press onto the bottom and a third up the sides of the pan.
2. Bake in preheated 350ºF (175ºC) oven for 7-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Allow to completely cool.
3. Assemble Mixer with wire whip.
4. Using Aerate/Whip setting beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
5. Transfer egg whites into a bowl and return the mixing bowl to the Mixer.
6. Assemble Mixer with scraper beater.
7. Using Cream/Beat setting, cream the cream cheese first, and then add the
sugar. Add egg yolks one at a time, mixing well between each addition,
then add lemon zest and lemon juice until combined.
8. Using the Fold/Knead setting, add sour cream then one third of the egg whites to lighten the mixture. Add remaining egg whites and fold.
9. Pour mixture into the cooled cookie crumb lined pan.
10. Bake in preheated 350ºF (175ºC) oven for 50-60 minutes or until the cheesecake is set, but still wobbly in the center.
11. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow to completely cool on a wire rack before refrigerating for at least 6 hours.
For a simple berry topping, combine 1 cup each of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries, 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a small bowl.
Toss to coat and let sit for 10 minutes.
Slice the cheesecake and mound with the berry mixture.