Sigrid's Apple Cake
One more way to use the delicious apples we have at this time of year. You can also use peaches or plums. Recipe from my mom’s old cook book.
- 125 gram Butter, soft
- 125 gram Sugar (fine or caster)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 50 gram Cornstarch
- 150 gram Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- 3 medium size apples (peeled, halved and cored)
- Heat: 375˚ – 400˚ F or (200˚ Celsius), Gas heat in the middle of the oven.
- Mix soft butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add lemon juice – mix for 30 seconds or until well mixed.
- Add one egg and some of the cornstarch and mix slowly at first until it is all combined, repeat with the other eggs and corn starch.
- Mix in a bowl flour and baking powder, and add slowly to the cake mixture. Mix until smooth, but do not over mix.
- Cut the top of the apple halves.
- Use a greased 9 inch spring form, add the dough and set the apples halves on top. If you like add a little knife tip of butter onto of each apple half.
- Sprinkle a sugar/cinnamon mixture as you like it.
Baking time: 20 to 30 minutes
6 to 8
Let the cake cool and enjoy with vanilla ice cream or some whipped cream. I do freeze the individual slices for a dessert during a later time.