Gobel Madeleine Pan
Great minds think alike. Imagine our surprise, to find in the Winter 2013 edition of Food and Drink Magazine, an article about Madeleines. We were planning to tell you about the traditional French cookie made in the Madeleine pan, as well. Madeleines are small, traditional cakes originating in northeastern France, baked in pans with shell-shaped depressions, with a flavour similar to (but lighter than) pound cake.
Enjoyed best with tea or coffee. Get baking.
Serve with coffee or tea.
- In a large bowl cream together eggs, butter, zest and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry to the wet mixture.
- Divide batter between 24 madeleine cavities.
- Bake at 350˚F for 12-15 minutes or until golden around edges.
- Loosen edges with knife tip and allow to cool on cooling rack.
- Dust with icing sugar if desired.