Emile Henry Dried Fruit Cake
Ingredients for 10 to 12 servings:
- 100 g (3.5 oz) sultanas
- 100 g (3.5 oz) crystallized fruit
- 50 g (1.75 oz) flaked almonds
- 50 g (1.75 oz) pine nuts
- 250 g (8.75 oz) butter
- 250 g (1 ¼ cups) icing sugar
- 6 eggs
- 320 g (2 ½ cups) plain flour
- 25 g (2 tbsp) baking powder
- 1 tbsp rum (yum)
- Leave the sultanas overnight in the rum.
- Mix the butter with the sugar; then add the eggs one at a time, mixing them in well before adding another. Then add the flour and baking powder.
- Add the crystallized fruit, sultanas, pine nuts and half the flaked almonds.
- Butter the dish and sprinkle a little flour inside before pouring in the mixture.
- Cook for 50 minutes in a preheated oven at 160 degrees C/320 degrees F.
- 10 minutes before the end of cooking, sprinkle the remaining flaked almonds over the surface.
- Check whether the cake is cooked by inserting the blade of a knife into the centre; it should come out clean.
Featuring the loaf pan 30.5 cm x 13.5 cm, ref. 6163