- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Put 2 eggs into a measuring cup and add enough milk to make ¾ cup.
- Beat butter until smooth.
- Add egg/milk mixture.
- Add in dry ingredients and slowly pour in remaining 2/3 cup milk and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 8” baking pans, or 1 bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven. Bake 20-25 minutes for 8” baking pans, or approximately 30-35 minutes for bundt pan.
- Bake until cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
A new twist for topping:
- Whip whipping cream with a small amount of pure maple syrup until stiff peaks form.
- Top each piece of cake with a dollop of the whipped cream and then drizzle with pure maple syrup.
Note: 1 cup cake & pastry flour = 1 cup all-purpose flour minus 2 tbsp