Seasonal Fruit Torte
Recipe of the Month - October 2005
This quick and easy recipe, using fresh seasonal fruit, tastes great warm or cold!
- Cream together 1 cup sugar & 1/2 cup butter
- Add 2 eggs, one at a time.
- Mix together 1 cup sifted flour, 1 tsp, baking powder & pinch of salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Place all ingredients into a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Add to top, covering the entire surface with any of the following, individually or in combination: 1 pint blueberries, 24 halves pitted Italian plums (skin side up), sliced apples or sliced peaches (In the winter frozen or canned fruit may be substituted; simply rinse off any syrup before adding to pan.)
- Sprinkle top with sugar and cinnamon mixture; lemon juice if desired; and flour, if fruit is very juicy.
- Bake at 350F for one hour.
Delicious served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Refresh in oven if desired.
Can be frozen for one month.
From: The Elegant but Easy Cookbook by Marian Fox Burros and Lois Levine.