- 1 ¼ cups Brown sugar
- ½ cup Cooking oil
- 1 2/3 cups Cooked or canned pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 2 ½ cups All purpose flour
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp each Salt, ginger, & ground cloves
- 1 ¼ tsp cinnamon
Beat together 1 cup sugar, oil, pumpkin & eggs.
In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, cloves, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
Combine pumpkin mixture with dry ingredients just enough to moisten all ingredients.
Spoon into 2 lightly greased loaf pans.
Mix remaining ¼ cup brown sugar and ¼ tsp cinnamon.
Sprinkle over unbaked loaves.
Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool slightly and remove from pans.
Makes 2 loaves.
- Rinse pumpkins seeds under cold water to remove pulp and strings.
- Toss with vegetable oil and spread flat on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and bake at 325F for approximately 25 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.