Schlemmertopf’s Baked Fresh Salmon Steak
- 3 pounds salmon steak
- 1/4 pound chopped mushrooms
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon each pepper and salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
Cut salmon in half and lay both pieces in Schlemmertopf, sprinkle with mushrooms, onion and parsley and tarragon, mixed. Add salt and and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Dot with butter, and pour sherry around. Cover, and put into cold oven, then heat oven to 375°. After 30 minutes, sprinkle bread crumbs over top and bake for 30 more minutes.
Read more on clay bakers from Romertopf and Schlemmertopf of Germany and Six Golden Rules for Using A Clay Baker.