Creamy Stilton with Cranberry Dip
Wedges of apple and pear or celery sticks make this dip an elegant treat. Also great spread on crackers or baguette slices.
- 8 oz. container cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 oz. Stilton or blue cheese
- 1 tbsp. grated onion
- 1 tbsp. Cranberry Garlic Rum Preserve
- Place cream cheese in a bowl, blend until smooth.
- Add Cranberry Garlic Rum Preserve and grated onion, mixing in well.
- Add Stilton and stir until just mixed.
- Thin with a little lemon juice if dip is too thick.
- Turn mixture into a decorative bowl and top with more crumbled cheese.
- Mixture will keep well if covered and refrigerated.
Stop by the store and pick up a dip chiller - a few ice cubes and your dip stays chilled for hours.
(from Chatelaine Magazine, October 2004) and suggested by the Garlic Box.