Whistler Ski Fondue
Our Own Team Canada Recipes
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 350 g grated Swiss cheese
- 225 g grated Canadian cheddar
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. applejack brandy
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 baguettes or French loaf, cut into cubes
- Apples -- peeled & cut into wedges
Rub fondue pot with clove of garlic.
Add the white wine and heat the pot to moderate heat.
Mix the grated cheeses and the flour together.
When wine has started to simmer reduce heat to low and add in cheese, one handful at a time, stirring until melted.
Just before all the cheese has been added, stir in the applejack brandy, and then finish stirring in the remainder of the cheese.
Stir in seasonings.
Keep fondue gently heated and serve with chunks of bread and wedges of apples.
Makes 6 servings.