Cauliflower And Sweet Potato Curry Soup
From Rose Reisman's "Secrets for Permanent Weight Loss"
This is a deliciously smooth and creamy soup with a hint of curry. The nutritional impact is high because of the antioxidants from the cauliflower, and the beta carotene and low-gylcemic index from the sweet potatoes.
Cook Time:30 mins Servings:6
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 3 1/2 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp lower-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1. In a large nonstick saucepan sprayed with vegetable spray, heat the oil. Sauté the
garlic and onion until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the curry powder, cinnamon, salt, pepper, cauliflower, stock, sweet potatoes and honey and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Transfer to a food processor and purée until creamy and smooth. Return to the saucepan and thin with more stock if desired.
3. Ladle into bowls. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and cilantro.
Protein 5 g
Net carbohydrates 12 g
Fat 3.5 g
Saturated Fat 1.2 g
Cholesterol 5.1 mg
Sodium 103 mg
Fibre 3.5 g
* Recipe courtesy of: Rose Reisman's "Secrets for Permanent Weight Loss" 2005, Whitecap Books, page 181
Introducing Emile Henry's new Mini Stewpots
I fell in love with these new stewpots the moment I saw them. I already have plans to have some friends over for dinner and begin the meal with individual bowls of soup served up in these charming little pots!
These mini stewpots are also perfect for serving small portions of gratin, potato purée and lentils. For pudding or to make an individual soufflé — these mini stewpots are a guaranteed success!
Available in red & black.