Premium Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream
Crushed chocolate cookies and rich vanilla ice cream combine to make a delicious dessert or snack.
Makes 10 1/2-cup servings
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 2-inch piece vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
1. Combine cream and milk in a Cuisinart® 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add vanilla bean and heat until mixture almost boils, about 5 - 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
2. Meanwhile beat yolks, sugar and vanilla extract in a small bowl until light yellow and smooth, about 1 - 2 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons hot cream/milk mixture and stir until combined. Gradually add egg yolk mixture to warm cream mixture, stirring continuously to prevent the eggs from curdling. Cook over low heat until slightly thickened and mixture coats the back of a spoon, about 3 - 4 minutes. Cool completely
3. When cool, scrape seeds from vanilla bean and add to ice cream mixture. Stir until well combined. Pour into freezing chamber of a Cuisinart® Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker. Freeze until thickened, about 20 - 25 minutes. Add crushed cookies to ice cream during the last 5 - 10 minutes of freezing. Transfer to an air-tight container and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
4. Place mixture in a covered container and store in the refrigerator overnight. Or chill over an ice bath for about 30 minutes if you wish to make ice cream right away.
calories 98 (68% from fat) • carb 1g • protein 6g • fat 7g • sat fat 2g • chol 214mg • sod 174mg • calc 25mg • fiber 0
This recipe was prepared using the following Cuisinart® product: Automatic Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker
Cookware: Everyday Stainless