Spinach & Roasted Red Pepper Salad With Sherry Vinaigrette
Recipe using Cuisinart® Countertop Blender...
Sherry Vinaigrette (makes about 1-1/2 cups):
- 1 shallot, peeled, cut in quarters
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Sherry vinegar*
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
- 2 pinches freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 12 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 2 roasted red peppers, drained, dried, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup crumbled chevre or blue cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
1. Place the shallot, both vinegars, mustard, salt, and pepper in the jar of the Cuisinart® SmartPower Premier™ Blender. Cover. Pulse 10 times to chop the shallot. Remove 1-ounce measure cup from lid. Turn Blender On. Blend on High for 10 seconds. Add the oils through the opening in the lid in a slow steady stream. Then blend until completely emulsified, about 20 to 30 seconds.
2. Best made at least an hour ahead. Vinaigrette will keep, covered and chilled, 1 week. Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving, you may need to blend again to re-emulsify. This recipe makes more dressing than you will need, but it is nice to have a homemade vinaigrette ready for salads.
3. Place the spinach and roasted peppers in a large salad bowl. Toss. Drizzle with about 1/3 cup of the Sherry Vinaigrette, and toss. Garnish with the chopped walnuts and crumbled chevre. Serve. Place some of remaining vinaigrette in a small pitcher and pass for those who prefer more dressing.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
calories 98 (68% from fat) • carb 1g • protein 6g • fat 7g • sat fat 2g • chol 214mg • sod 174mg • calc 25mg • fiber 0g
*available at specialty foods shops and some supermarkets
Tip: Prepare vinaigrette ahead. Have spinach, roasted peppers, cheese, and nuts ready in separate containers (refrigerate spinach, roasted peppers and cheese). Assemble and toss with vinaigrette just prior to serving.