Our favourite “comfort food” recipes—from our kitchen to yours!
Comfort food is not only nurturing and wholesome, it's also nutritious, and easily prepared in traditional clay bakers, which slow cook foods to perfection.
- 100 g thinly sliced onions
- 100 g thinly sliced leeks
- 100 g thinly sliced potatoes
- 100 g celery, chopped into 1/4” pieces
- 100 g tomato slices (skins removed)
- 100 g sliced red peppers
- 100 g sliced green peppers
- 100 g sliced yellow peppers
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Oil to baste the inside bottom of clay baker
Mix all the vegetables and place in the soaked and lightly basted clay baker. Place in a cold oven and cook at 425F for 60 minutes.
Read more on clay bakers from Romertopf and Schlemmertopf of Germany and Six Golden Rules for Using A Clay Baker.