Chicken & Shrimp Jambalaya
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 cups each Onion & celery, chopped
- 1 Green pepper, chopped
- 3 oz smoked sausage or ham, diced
- 1 ½ pounds Boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- ½ tsp each Salt, cayenne and black pepper
- 1 can (28 oz) Tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can (7.5 oz) Tomato sauce
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- 2 ½ cups Parboiled rice
- 1 lb Raw shrimp
- 1 Red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup each Chopped green onions and parsley
In Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat; cook onion and celery for 3 minutes. Add green pepper, sausage, chicken, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, thyme, salt, cayenne and black pepper; cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and chicken stock; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and shrimp; boil for 1 minutes.
Bake, uncovered in 350F oven for 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Discard bay leaves. Stir in red pepper and green onions. Sprinkle with parsley.
Can be cooled, covered and refrigerated for up to 1 day. To reheat, stir in 1 cup hot water; bake, covered in 350F oven for 1 hour & 15 minutes.
Makes 8 servings