Peanut Brittle (with a twist)
- Grease the bottom and sides of 15” x 10” x 1” baking pan with butter.
- Sprinkle 1 cup peanut butter chips into pan and set aside.
- In heavy saucepan bring sugar, corn syrup, water and butter to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir until butter is melted.
- Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300˚F (hard-cracked stage).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Quickly pour into prepared baking pan and then sprinkle with chocolate chips and remaining peanut butter chips.
- With a knife, gently swirl softened chips over top of brittle.
- Cool before breaking into pieces.
- Store in airtight container.
- Makes approximately 2.5 pounds.