- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 28-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1 15.5-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 cup dry red lentils
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water or broth
- Put all ingredients into slow cooker and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
- Serve over rice or quinoa.
- Garnish with and a dollop of sour cream, chives or sharp cheese.
- Leftovers can be packed in reusable containers for lunches.